Canadian Environmental Law Association
Equity. Justice. Health.
Speak Up on How and Where to Grow Ontario’s Greenbelt – Information Session for Greenbelt-West
Webinar Date: Wednesday, March 10 – 7:00-8:15pm ET
Registration is required
Ontario’s Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing is seeking feedback on ways to grow the size of the Greenbelt. This is an important opportunity for communities in the Greater Golden Horseshoe Region to alert Ontario and local governments about the importance of maintaining, restoring, and improving natural areas, waters, and farmlands.
During this webinar, you’ll learn about the importance of expanding the Greenbelt, including the need to protect water, habitat, and agriculture. We’ll talk about how you can make your voice heard about the importance of expanding the Greenbelt in your community, and how to talk to your local council and provincial MPP.
Speakers from the the Grand River Watershed in Brantford, Brant and Wellington Counties will talk about the issues that impact their communities, and the importance of protecting the central Grand River watershed including the Paris-Galt moraine.
This session is open to anyone interested in learning more about Greenbelt expansion. Should you wish to work with CELA to organize a similar webinar in your community, please fill out this short form.
- Anastasia Lintner, Canadian Environmental Law Association
- Joan Faux and Ella Haley, Langford Conservancy and Sustainable Brant/Better Brant
- Mary Lou Knechtel, Brant Land Trust
- Mike Marcolongo, Protect Our Moraine, Guelph
- Dave Neumann, former mayor of Brantford, provincial MPP, and defender of the Greenbelt
- Marc Laferriere, Councillor – Ward 2 County of Brant
Anastasia Lintner’s presentation is available as a PDF file.